Diploma of Water Industry Operations
From 2017, the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training has launched the new Diploma of Water Industry Operations NWP50715. The Diploma has special requirements and subjects for the Hydrography specialisation.
AHA is currently developing training courses which will meet the requirements of the new diploma.
Old Diploma of Water Operations
Up to 31 December 2016, the Diploma of Water Operations NWP50107 supported students seeking competency and requiring increasingly specialised technical skills or those who require a broad range of skills in the Water Industry.
The emphasis of the qualification is for the student to develop the skills required to gather, manage, present, and analyse data required by enterprises whose business involves:
- the use of water as a natural resource
- supplying of untreated bulk water to end users
- control and treatment of waste water, tailings, leachate, ground water
- pollution, stormwater run off and drainage
- supplying information for weather forecasting, rainfall, run-off, drainage
- flood prediction, water budgets, allocation, and licensing compliance
- engineering and environmental monitoring and management of water catchments,
- managing archives of hydrographic data
This qualification provided for training of Hydrographers with an expanded role of testing and monitoring associated with management of water catchments.
AHA delivered training via face to face and/or distance learning in:
- Install, operate and maintain hydrometric instruments and equipment
- Develop and maintain ratings
- Collect, verify and report hydrometric time series data
- Apply principles of hydraulics to pipe and channel flow
If you have any questions relating to AHA delivered courses, contact the AHA Office on office [AT] aha.net.au