Hydrographer or equivalent (up to 3 positions available)
Instrument Technician (1 position)
Do you like working outdoors?
Do you have a passion for the environment?
Do you want to work in a diverse and progressive industry?
An opportunity exists for the right candidate(s) to work in our Adelaide office.
We need bright and enthusiastic people who are quick learners. WDS are customer focussed so you must have the same strong work values.
Experience is not necessarily a requirement as there will be substantial on-the-job training.
Hydrographic positions will require a certificate, diploma or degree that is relevant to the discipline of surface water hydrography, environmental science, environmental/water engineering, water resource management, and/or hydrology.
The Instrument Technician will require a background or skills in instrumentation and electronics.
Up to three hydrographic positions are available with the following duties:
- The operation and maintenance of environmental monitoring equipment
- Field work – data collection, site construction and installation of monitoring stations, surveying, water quality and quantity measurements
- Office work – data processing, calibration of water quality instruments
- Hydrological data analysis and reporting of water data.
One Instrument Technician position is available for the right applicant with the following duties:
- Instrument programming (multiple platforms)
- System integration (including telemetry and process automation)
- Installations, repairs, calibrations and maintenance
- Fault diagnosis
- Basic electronics.
These positions ideally suit people who have:
- Bright and cheerful personality
- Strong organisational skills
- High levels of motivation and initiative
- Strong problem solving/fault diagnosis skills
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- The ability to build and foster customer relationships
- Competent level of computer skills particularly Word and Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Observation skills
- Practical, technical and electronics aptitude
- Environmental awareness and enjoy working outdoors
- A current driver’s licence
- Swimming competence.
Desirable additional skills:
- 4WD experience and/or training
- Boat licence and experience
- Confined Space Certificate
- White Card
- First Aid
- Electrical trade qualifications (for instrument technician only)
The successful applicants will be employed initially on a contract basis with a three-month probationary period. Permanency will be offered pending the outcome of a performance review.
Remuneration will be based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your application letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday 3rd April 10:00am.