Dedicated to delivering a superior experience to customers Hydro Tasmania is a successful, vibrant player in the energy industry and is Australia’s largest producer of renewable energy. Continuing growth, excellent working conditions and career opportunities make Hydro Tasmania and its subsidiaries Momentum and Entura a great place to work.
We are currently looking for a Senior Electronics Technician to provide reliable hydrological, geotechnical, meteorological and environmental data services to Hydro Tasmania by improving and maintaining electronic measuring instruments and data transmission systems intrastate. This permanent, full-time position can be based in either Hobart or Gowrie Park and will require regular travel throughout Tasmania.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Providing technical electronics support to various other teams within the Assets & Infrastructure business unit;
- Operation, management, and upgrade of telemetry and logging systems for data collection;
- Improving, simplifying, and standardising data logger programs across the monitoring network;
- Attend to site data and communication faults and maintenance;
- Providing advice on Virtual Private Networks, Virtual Private Clouds, data transfer methods/storage, and Internet Protocols in a mobile network or satellite telemetry data collection context;
- Develop and assist in the training of staff to use and calibrate electronic instrumentation;
- Advising on, and staying abreast of improved technologies available for monitoring infrastructure and associated systems.
Key Skills / Qualifications:
- Completion of a recognised electronics/electrical engineering certificate course;
- Significant technical experience in discipline including exposure to logger programming;
- Willingness to travel to remote sites around Tasmania;
- Ability to work autonomously and schedule work appropriately to meet deadlines;
- Manual driver’s license and ability to operate 4WD;
- Confined Spaces training (desirable);
- Working at Heights training (desirable);
- Current First Aid certification (desirable);
- Chainsaw Operations Certificate (desirable).
To apply for this position, attach your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you are the most suitable person for the role.
Please feel free to attach any other supportive documentation such as qualifications, certifications and academic transcripts that are relevant to the position.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 27th July 2017.