|Employer:||Department of Natural Resources and Mines|
|Location:||Rocklea (Brisbane metro south), Qld|
|Position title:||Team Leader|
- Providing professional leadership
- Salary in the range of $100,639 to $107,915 per annum excluding superannuation.
- Providing professional data-collection advice
- Supervising the operation of the Hydrographic Support
- Provide professional leadership in the field of water monitoring and reporting within Water, Operations Support, consistent with the department’s vision and priorities.
- Continuously review and determine equipment requirements, research and develop alternative and emerging technologies for the measurement and collection of hydrometric data.
- Lead the design of state-wide innovative data capture methodologies for the research and assessment of a broad range of water quantity/quality issues through regional scale water monitoring networks.
- Provide and maintain a fully accredited, quality assured, management system for the provision of technical support of the department’s water monitoring network.
- Contribution to the strategic planning process of the Water Operations Support Unit and the Department, by providing professional input into:
- development of state-of-the-art technologies used in hydrometric assessment (national and international standards)
- Development of policy, strategies and guidelines used in for water quantity and quality monitoring.
- Development of data collection strategies used for addressing hydrological, geomorphological and water quality monitoring issues.
- Represent Operations Support and the department on committees and forums associated with the capture of hydrometric data from the department’s water monitoring network
- Maintain active, professional development programmes, foster appropriate professional linkages at state, national and international levels, and contribute to the professional training and development of project staff
- Contribute to the human resource management of the Operations Support Unit including involvement in workforce planning (performance appraisal, and other duties)
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/249477/17.
Closing Date: Friday, 18 August 2017