Technical Officer — Hydrographer, Gladstone Qld
EnvironMine Data Services provides an environmental monitoring service to a range of clients in Central Queensland & beyond. The position will be based in our Boyne Island, Gladstone office.
We are seeking a suitably qualified & experienced candidate to join our team to assist with the management of a number of environmental projects in the region.
The Technical Officer/Hydrographer will be involved in a broad range of environmental monitoring tasks such as water & soil sampling, groundwater sampling, dust sampling, installation, operation & maintenance of automatic monitoring systems, data management, & reporting.
A suitable candidate will have the following attributes: –
- Possess a related tertiary qualification in science & water resources, or hydrographic fields;
- Have previous environmental experience in a related field;
- Possess a current ‘C’ class drivers licence;
- Have strong computer skills, particularly with regard to the Microsoft Office suite of applications;
- Ability to use a variety of hand & power tools
- Ability to troubleshoot & resolve technical issues competently & methodically
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Prepared to work in all conditions & in remote locations
- Be physically fit & able to swim
- Ability to fit in & work well in a small team environment
- Be prepared to travel within Australia for work
- Ability to comply with technical requirements, SOPs & other quality system documents
- Have a flexible attitude to work hours
- Prepared to undertake regular inductions and Health tests as specified by Clients
The following attributes are also preferred: –
- Experience working on a mine site or industrial site
- Experience with operation & maintenance of data loggers & electronic sensors
- Hydstra data management experience
- Four-wheel drive and boating experience
- Current First Aid qualification
An attractive salary package will be negotiated in line with applicant qualifications & experience.
If this position appeals to you please submit an application & CV to our Administration Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Friday 30 June 2017.