ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position
Are you adventurous? Looking for a specialised technical career, using the latest technology, working outdoors monitoring the environment?
Do you enjoy variety and work balance that is physical, creative, technical and science orientated?
Starting a career as a hydrographer may be your chance to enter a niche industry in high demand with many specialised opportunities, once qualified.
The ALS Hydrographics Team in Scoresby are seeking ambitious applicants for the position of trainee hydrographer. The successful candidate will receive on-the-job training, enrolment and support to complete the Diploma of Water Industry Operations (hydrography).
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide best practice Hydrographic service for clients.
- Service, operate, maintain and install environmental monitoring field stations using ALS procedures to a high standard.
- Collect environmental data from both above and below ground monitoring instrumentation/sensors. Collected data to be verified using computer software package before supply to clients.
- Perform level surveys to Australian Height Datum.
- Accurate record keeping including field observations, photographs, maps and calibration checks.
- Flow measurement in rivers, creeks, drains and sewers. May involve call out work and availability to work out of hours.
- Sound knowledge of, and adherence to HSE principals.
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Completed High School Certificate (or equivalent training).
- A mixture of technical, mechanical and electronics aptitude.
- Good problem solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Hobbies and interest that are of a technical nature.
- Able to work within a variety of environmental conditions (including confined spaces and underground sewers).
- Strong team player.
- Current valid manual car licence.
- Ability to perform manual handling tasks.
- Ability to swim.
- Eligible to enrol in the Diploma of Water Industry Operations (Hydrography).
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated person to join a dynamic company that can offer both on the job training and industry package (hydrography) training to create a rewarding career path.
Benefits & Culture
At ALS we believe that the people we employ are what makes ALS the great company it is today. We offer many benefits to staff, including and not limited to:
- Health fund discounts with Bupa.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia.
- Corporate superannuation benefits with Sun Super.
- On-line learning system with extensive modules of choice.
- Friendly working environment with accessible management.
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS including global opportunities for suitable candidates.
- We actively support a diverse workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Looking for further details?
Applications covering relevant attributes and experience should be submitted via:
Applications close COB Tuesday 17 August 2017