Work type: Permanent
Location: Mt Crosby, Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 498388
If you’re looking to grow your career in Hydrometrics, then this field based role with Seqwater may just be your answer!
Seqwater is the Queensland Government Bulk Water Supply Authority, responsible for delivering safe, secure and cost-effective bulk water supply for 3.2 million people across Southeast Queensland.
Seqwater is one of the largest water businesses with the most geographically spread and diverse asset base of any capital city water authority. Our operations extend from the New South Wales border to the base of the Toowoomba ranges.
About Your Opportunity
Reporting to our Senior Supervisor Hydrometric Services, you will play a key role in ensuring the provision of high- quality field data acquisition via telemetry and manual collection for operational reporting programs
This role is responsible for:
- Deliver routine operation and maintenance programs for Seqwater’s Hydrometric and Dam Safety network as assigned, to meet organisational and regulatory requirements, including the ALERT flood management system, Resource Operations Licence (ROL) and Water Quality Monitoring and Reporting Framework.
- Use Seqwater’s database tools to critically evaluate, edit and archive hydrometric data regarding its reliability and suitability for use, ensuring that all scientific data and metadata is incorporated into the appropriate database.
- Use specialist Hydrometric and calibration instrumentation, reagents and database tools to test, calibrate and verify in-situ instrumentation.
- Undertake scientific sampling in accordance
As part of the Hydrometric Services team you will be responsible for maintaining a diverse range of hydrometric equipment for a both internal and external stakeholders this role is critical into ensuring the quality and accuracy of Seqwater’s Hydrometric data. Our monitoring programs cover:
- Essential early flood warning services
- Bulk drinking water storage and operational supply
- Environmental compliance
- Catchment Water Quality monitoring
- Irrigational supply systems
- Dam safety equipment
Appointment to this role is subject to the provision of a national police check and may be subject to other medical/character requirements. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically deemed ineligible. Each application will be considered on its merits.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Relevant specialised qualifications suited to the role, such as science, engineering or instrumentation or diploma of water industry operations (Hydrography) are desired but not mandatory.
- Unrestricted manual Driver’s Licence for a car.
- Advanced 4WD training, Commercial vessel operations
- Experience working with Quality management systems
- Ability to swim, assess field situations and work safely in an outdoor environment
This position has a salary starting at $95,848.39 p.a plus superannuation.
Seqwater is a great place to work, the hydrometric officer role has many great benefits including:
- Industry approved Enterprise Agreement with guaranteed annual salary increments and above market pay rates
- Sponsored membership of the Australian Hydrographic Association
- Career development opportunities including educational assistance for the AHA Diploma Water Industry Operations (Hydrometric Monitoring)
- Field work encompassing a diverse range of environments, 4WD’ing in remote areas, kayaking on rivers, working from boats, and operating remote controlled equipment
- Forward leader in Hydrometrics leading to opportunities for exposure to technological advancements including ALERT2, remote control boats and drones and acoustic dopplers
- Paid on-call opportunities and overtime allowances
- Single day based field runs to support work/life balance
For a more detailed preview of the work that you will be involved in for this role, feel free to take a look at the position description on our careers page – https://careers.seqwater.com.au/ We also invite you to connect with us on LinkedIn and join our growing community of followers to see all the latest news and job opportunities as and when they happen – https://www.linkedin.com/company/seqwater/
If you are looking for an extraordinary career in which you can make a real impact, we’d love to hear from you!
Submit your cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role and your resume via the Apply Here link below;
Applications close: 11:55PM AEST, Sunday, 5th February 2023
For further information please email enquiries to email@example.com
Please note – applications cannot be accepted via email.