Would you love the opportunity to gain on-the-job training whilst working in the most beautiful locations around Tasmania?
Dedicated to delivering a superior experience to customers Hydro Tasmania is a successful, vibrant player in the energy industry and is Australia’s largest producer of renewable energy. Continuing growth, excellent working conditions and career opportunities make Hydro Tasmania and its subsidiaries Momentum and Entura a great place to work.
About the role:
The Cadet Hydrographer will assist the Remote Monitoring team in the day to day collection of hydrological, meteorological, environmental, and asset monitoring data services to Hydro Tasmania.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a motivated person whom loves working outdoors to learn Hydrographic theory whilst gaining valuable work experience.
Our ideal candidate:
- Commitment to realising our vision of ‘No Harm to anyone, at anytime’;
- Completion of High School Certificate (Year 10 or higher);
- Current manual drivers licence or working towards;
- Have practical skills and uses initiative
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and retain learnings
- Willingness to travel to remote sites throughout the state for extended periods of time;
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite);
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to manage priorities and work towards deadlines.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position being sure to list your hobbies and interests. Applications are accepted online: full details and application link
Successful candidates will complete a pre-employment medical and police check prior to commencement.
Applications close 5:00pm Sunday 21st January.