ABSTRACTS – CALL FOR PAPERS
2023 Call for Abstracts are now CLOSED
The Conference Organising Committee is pleased to invite presenters to submit abstracts for oral presentations; poster presentations and hands-on workshops, to be delivered at the 2023 conference. The Theme of the 2023 conference is ‘Resilient, reliable and robust – building better Hydrographers, building better networks.’
Nearly every citizen on the East Coast of Australia has been impacted by flooding over the last two years. Communities are struggling with repeated disasters and The AHA is committed to helping rebuild confidence and trust by ensuring a high level of skills in the industry.
All abstracts for oral presentations; poster presentations and hands-on workshops must relate to the theme of the 2023 conference.
|Submission portal opens||16 November 2022|
|Abstract submissions close||15 March 2023|
|Successful presenters contacted||by 31 March 2023|
|Speakers Briefing||TBC – Week of 8 May 2023|
|Presentation slides due||Monday, 15 May 2023|
|Conference dates||22 -25 May 2023|
Please follow our guidelines below to submit your abstract correctly. Before commencing the submission process, please note:
- Submissions must be written in English.
- Online submission is the only method of abstract submission.
- Abstracts submitted for presentation will be reviewed exactly as received and should be checked for spelling and grammar prior to submission.
- It is the responsibility of the presenter / author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- Abstracts must be submitted in the template format provided.
- Where there is more than one presenter all correspondence will be sent to the person who submitted the abstract.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate the presenter / author presentation preference however the Conference Program Committee (CPC) reserves the right to allocate the presentation to best suit the program.
- The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful presenters.
- All abstract submissions will be reviewed by The AHA’s Conference Organising Committee and notified by email. The decision of the conference committee will be final.
- Abstracts must be submitted using the AHA Abstract Template, which can be found here : aha2023 abstract template
- Accepted abstract presenters are offered a discounted Speaker Registration Fee of $550 (including Welcome Reception and Conference Dinner). No discounts are offered on Day Registrations
Policies & Requirements
- Abstracts must contain original work that has no prior ownership or copyright restrictions.
- Abstracts that do not contain sufficient information will be rejected.
- Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- If the abstract is selected, consent is provided for the presentation slides (for oral presenters); video; audio recording and photos taken during the oral presentation/poster presentation to be used and published by The AHAC 2023 including being provided to delegates of The AHAC 2023.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
- The person submitting the information must be one of the presenters.
- The person submitting the abstract should be the nominated main contact of your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to any other co-presenters.
- If you are submitting more than one abstract a separate submission must be made for each one.
- Presenting authors must register to attend the conference for a minimum of one full day of the conference on which they are presenting.
Online abstract submission portal – steps to submit a presentation:
- Click on the Abstract Portal link
- Create a new account
- Sign into the portal
- Update your contact information
- Submit presentation
For more information please contact Agnes Zalan, BM Conferences on firstname.lastname@example.org