This course introduces the student to water quality sampling and monitoring.
The student must provide evidence that the activities listed below have been completed in accordance with the agencies procedures:
- WHS assessment to meet your agency requirements
- Assessment of likely environmental conditions
- Determine suitable sampling site location and selection of appropriate water sampling equipment and instruments
- Describe the rationale behind selected water sampling methods
- Carry out “grab samples” and in-situ water quality measurements
- Manage bottling of water samples and preservation of sample
- Document/record water sample data to approved standards
- Leave field site in same environmental condition as prior to field activities
- Deliver sample to laboratory and receipt of analysis results
The student will gain an understanding of relevant National Industry Guidelines.
Note: The syllabus of this course meets and exceeds the requirements of the following units of competency:
AHCLPW306A Undertake sampling and testing of water which is a requirement of the Diploma of Water Industry Operations NWP50715 (superseded) and
AHCLPW306 Undertake sampling and testing of water which is a requirement of the Diploma of Water Industry Operations NWP50118.