Field Instrument Technician
S18 / 9830 / 045.2
Ensure our Water & Environment teams are prepared for the field components of their investigations by managing our warehouse and all instrumentation.
- Flexible and empowered environment in well-regarded consultancy
- Focus on instrumentation and warehouse management
- Full time permanent position with diversity in work tasks
Cardno is currently seeking an Instrument and Field Technician to join our Water and Environment business unit. This is a great opportunity to work with Cardno’s technical experts and Project Managers in our Environmental Services, Water, and Coast & Ports teams to ensure our project teams are prepared for the field and laboratory components of their investigations. We are looking for a dedicated and team focussed self-starter who will engage with our Project Managers to ensure our project delivery is a success.
It’s a great opportunity for someone who likes to work with their head and hands, learn from the best, and who loves making sure the details are right and the team is ready!
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Project Managers to understand the requirements of our field based projects and coordinate the maintenance and calibration of our equipment and instrumentation to meet project and client requirements
- Delivering the most effective solutions for project requirements
- Managing the equipment, instrumentation and field storage area of the business unit in an efficient and effective manner
- Commitment to working safely
- Working with technical leads to identify and develop new and on-going equipment and instrumentation needs
- Supporting project teams to define their requirements and help them be field ready
- Maintaining and ensuring the correct use of instruments to specifications
- Interacting and maintaining successful relationships with suppliers
- Assist in the development of quality procedures and systems
You will be a proactive person with the right combination of energy and a commitment to accuracy.
Additionally, you will display:
- Experience in handling instrumentation and its calibration, preferably environmental monitoring equipment
- Minimum of 1 years of work experience that can demonstrate self-accountability and team work
- Professional Services / Consultant attributes – team focussed, self-accountability, desire to learn and develop knowledge, self-starter who will take initiative
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and conceptual skills, with ability to undertake research, analyse information and develop solutions to problems
Benefits at Cardno
We offer a supportive and engaging working environment, in a convenient location by St Leonards train station. Cardno encourages staff wellbeing by sponsoring various social and sporting activities, and genuine work/life balance through flexible working arrangements.
Further advantages include:
- Convenient location, close to Public Transport, as well as cafés and restaurants
- Financial and Corporate employee benefit offers and discounts
- Industry leading parental leave benefits
- Purchase leave scheme
- Additional personal leave for parents with children under 5
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to make a difference, we welcome your interest in our team! Send us your resume and cover letter, with the reference number S18 / 9830 / 045.2.
More details and application form at:
Applications close 17 December 2018.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.