ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation
Hydrographers: Victoria — (Expression of Interest)
About the Positions
ALS Hydrographics is a diverse and dynamic provider of hydro-meteorological products and services.
Following our continuous business growth strategy, ALS has been successfully nominated as the preferred supplier for the provision of surface water monitoring services to the Victorian Regional Water Monitoring Partnerships.
We are currently seeking experienced and motivated Field Hydrographers and Data Management specialists to join our team in office locations around Victoria. Expressions of interest are being sought from driven individuals who will be able to commence mid September 2018.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for suitably experienced Hydrographers of all levels of experience to reinforce our capacity in the following site locations:
- Gisborne / Ballarat
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide best practice Hydrographic services for clients, in a safe and timely manner.
- Install, operate and maintain environmental monitoring stations with a strict emphasis on quality.
- Client liaison and correspondence.
- Collection, verification, editing and quality coding of environmental data.
- Accurate record keeping including field observations, photographs, maps and calibration checks.
- Flow measurement in rivers, creeks and drains.
- Undertake manual sampling activities from both surface water and groundwater, using a range of techniques with adherence to QA principles and procedures.
- Project management capabilities.
- Sound knowledge of, and adherence to ALS core values. Safety as a priority, Honesty and Integrity, Exceeding client expectations, Belief in our ability, Hard work and continuous improvement, Doing it better and Celebrating success
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes:
- Diploma Water Industry Operations /Certificate Hydrography or other applicable qualification, completed.
- Previous hydrographic experience with relevant skills in either field activities or data management.
- Competent with hydrographic software applications (Hydstra) and data acquisition applications necessary for effective field instrumentation operation and data management.
- Experience with health, safety and environmental aspects of field work.
- High level attention to detail.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Be fit and willing to carry out labouring requirements if and when required.
- High level of initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team to achieve results.
- Focussed, driven and passionate about creating a positive culture driven by innovation.
- Hold current Driver Licence.
Benefits & Culture
At ALS we believe that the people we employ are what makes ALS the great company it is today. We offer many benefits to staff, including and not limited to:
- Industry agreed Enterprise Agreement with guaranteed annual salary increments.
- Enterprise Agreement with a classification structure based on AHA certification levels.
- Company sponsored membership of Australian Hydrographers Association.
- Company sponsored industry certification with the Australian Hydrographers Association.
- Company sponsored enrolment in Diploma of Water Operations in Hydrography training.
- Health fund discounts with Bupa.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia.
- Corporate superannuation benefits with Sunsuper.
- On-line learning system with extensive modules of choice.
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS including global opportunities.
- We actively support a diverse workforce and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Be part of a committed, dedicated and inclusive team who continually strive to meet and exceed client expectations.
How to apply?
Applications covering relevant skills and experience are to be submitted by the following links:
https://app.revelian.com/campbell/ap68508/ — ALS Website
https://www.seek.com.au/job/36455579 — Seek Ad
Applications close: Friday, 6th July 2018