About the New Zealand Hydrological Society
The New Zealand Hydrological Society (NZHS) was founded in 1961 to further the science of hydrology and its application to the understanding and management of New Zealand’s water resources.
NZHS members are a mix of New Zealand and overseas individuals and subscribing organisations with an interest in water and its wise use. We are scientists, technicians, consultants, hydrologists, engineers, biologists, climatologists, teachers, students, resource managers, policy makers, and others.
Affiliate Organisation benefits
The MOU will provide benefits to both members of both associations…
- each association recognises the other as the legitimate authority of hydrography in its jurisdiction
- each association offers benefits to members of the other association at member rates
- each association will maintain a professional certification program, benefits are transferable if a member transfers to across the ditch
- each association will exchange training material
- each association will continue to offer free registrations to winners of agreed conference presentations