Employer: Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy, Qld
- Permanent full time
- Salary in the range of $58,573 to $74,967 per annum excluding superannuation
- Work under the guidance of supervisors to operate and maintain the monitoring networks including collecting and processing hydrometric data, conducting stream flow measurements and collecting water samples.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of technical equipment associated with water monitoring data collection.
- Use computer equipment in the computation, processing, storage manipulation and retrieval of surface water and groundwater data.
- Participation in short and medium term water related projects on a needs basis.
- Keep abreast of technological advances and to further develop skills and knowledge of the principles of water monitoring through in house and external training.
- Cooperation in maintaining a high level of personal and team safety within the guidelines of safe practices and procedures.
- Interact with the water monitoring group, managers, other departmental staff and clients.
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/284639/18.
Closing Date: Monday, 27 August 2018