Project Manager, Gladstone Qld
EnvironMine Data Services provides an environmental monitoring service to a range of clients in Central Queensland, with our office based in Boyne Island, Gladstone. Gladstone is approximately 450 km north of Brisbane and is the centre of the Southern Great Barrier Reef. Gladstone is renowned for excellent fishing, island beauty, beach culture & national parks. Its sub-tropical climate offers beaches, boating, fishing & surfing & awaits your presence.
We provide a broad range of environmental monitoring services such as water & soil sampling, groundwater sampling, dust sampling, installation, operation & maintenance of automatic monitoring systems, web-hosting, data management, analysis & reporting.
We are seeking a suitably qualified & experienced candidate to join our team to manage our increasing workload & to help develop new business in the region.
A suitable candidate will possess: –
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in Hydrographic Industry preferred;
- Diploma of Water Operations or equivalent
- Meet AHA requirements for an AHA Certified Qualified Hydrographer
- Demonstrate ability to manage projects
- Experience with operation & maintenance of data loggers & electronic sensors
- Experience with air monitoring equipment
- Hydstra Time Series data management experience preferred
- Have strong computer skills, particularly with regard to the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Demonstrate ability to supervise & mentor team members
- Excellent written communication skills (e.g. report writing, tenders & quotes)
- Ability to comply with technical requirements, SOPS & other quality system documents
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible attitude to work hours
- Proven basic and advanced 4WD skills
- A current drivers licence
- Be willing to work away from home for short periods of time;
- Prepared to work alone in remote locations;
- Ability to work in small team environment
- Be physically fit & able to swim.
The successful candidate will be involved in the management of automatic monitoring stations for water level, streamflow, water quality, weather, air, dust & noise. They will also manage a number of discrete sampling projects for our range of clients (e.g. surface water sampling, groundwater sampling, soil testing, etc.).
An attractive salary package will be negotiated in line with applicant qualifications & experience.
If this position appeals to you please submit an application & CV to our Administration Manager at email@example.com by 18 June 2018. For any questions related to the position, please contact Steve on 0448 666 487.