We are after a qualified Hydrographer to join our team as a Regional Manager and assist our team in solving our client’s problems around surface and groundwater.
- Join an organisation with a strong focus on environment and sustainability
- Work alongside a dynamic and innovative team
- We have a strong, inclusive culture that values our people
Within our Environmental Monitoring business, we have a large and experienced team of monitoring specialists offering fit-for purpose monitoring solutions – from initial system design and development through to installation, operation and maintenance. Our practical solutions leverage our experience and technology to deliver clear outcomes for our clients.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and qualified Hydrographer or Environmental Monitoring technical specialist with a broad range of skills to perform Regional Manager duties to oversee three (3) regional offices (Tatura, Mildura and Kerang), employees and existing project coordination.
You will also be required to undertake environmental data collection activities associated with groundwater and surface water. This will include both surface and groundwater activities, field equipment repairs and maintenance, calibration, and reporting activities.
Specifically, you will have skills to measure streams, download and calibrate monitoring instrumentation, perform groundwater measurement, and water quality sampling, and be capable of completing technical reporting and financial management.
This role will be based at Tatura.
- Champion best practice OHS and quality at all time during fieldworks
- Providing leadership to the team and our clients
- Ensuring all projects are managed successful according to their requirements
- Undertaking environmental data collection activities for potentially both surface & groundwaters
- Servicing, calibrating, and maintaining onsite monitoring equipment and associated sensors
- Undertaking maintenance and new works installations
- Observing maintenance needs at respective sites and ensuring works are appropriately scheduled into the work program
- As a successful candidate, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Strong industry experience (5+ years) preferably in Surface and Groundwater monitoring
- Qualification in Hydrography (preferred) Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or other similar fields
- Practical ﬁeld experience in groundwater monitoring programs
- Experience in coordination of ﬁeld monitoring programs, data management and reporting
- High level MS Excel user (mandatory), and experience in the use of, Hydstra, Campbells software is preferable
- Current driver licence
- Ability to work independently and away from home as the role requires
What We Offer You
Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter.
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow.
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe.
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing.
What Makes You Right For Ventia
- You’re a can-do person who goes above and beyond to get the job done.
- You put safety first.
- You share our values like integrity and excellence.
No matter who you are, we encourage you to apply for the job that’s right for you. We are actively increasing diversity across our business, so our workforce reflects the diverse communities in which we work. Our current focus is on employing more women at all levels of our organisation.
One of Australasia’s largest dedicated infrastructure service providers, Ventia is a new and dynamic organisation with a rich history. Our clients are the owners and operators of major infrastructure that is critical to our communities. No-one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Making infrastructure work for our communities is at the heart of who we are and it’s what unites and excites us.