Introduction to Hydrometric Monitoring
Introduction to Hydrometric Monitoring is a course which covers topics deemed essential by industry for new and inexperienced river, stream and groundwater hydrographers. It does not cover Hydrographic Surveying. It is suitable for candidates who are employed with access to hydrometric monitoring equipment and software..
This course is delivered online, by experienced hydrometric monitoring trainers.
Subject areas covered include
- Site selection
- Site installation
- Water level measurement
- Introduction to discharge rating curves
- Hydrometric instrumentation
- Introduction to water quality sampling and monitoring
- Current meter gauging (includes manual and acoustic Doppler methods)
- Stream gauging station survey
- Current meter calibration
- Stream sediment sampling
AHA recognition on completion
Students who satisfactorily complete the Introduction to Hydrometric Monitoring course, will receive a certificate of attainment and be recognised as Certified Cadet Hydrographers for 12 months at no extra cost. After the initial certification period, normal certification renewal fees will apply.
Cost of course:
- Full price AU$3100 inc. GST (includes offer of complimentary membership)
- AHA Member discounted price AU$2650 inc. GST
Nationally recognised qualification upgrade
When you enrol you have the option to apply for the Hydrometric Monitoring Basics Skill Set. This includes three units:
- AHCPLW306 Undertake sampling and testing of water
- NWPHYD011 Measure and process low and medium flows using area velocity methods
- NWPHYD013 Operate, maintain and decommission monitoring sites
You will have additional assignment work to meet the requirements of these units.
These units will also count as credits towards the Diploma of Water Industry Operations (Hydrometric Monitoring) NWP50118
Cost of upgrade:
- AU$500 inc. GST for the qualification upgrade