Our client, WaterNSW, operates a water data monitoring network across regional NSW and currently has several vacancies in Regional NSW – Orange, Dubbo and Narrabri – for Water Monitoring Officers to work in the field. The Water Monitoring Officers are responsible for the operation and maintenance of water monitoring sites and equipment to enable the collection, management and dissemination of accurate water monitoring data. This field-based role involves travel throughout your region to collect data and samples, manage and maintain data collection instruments and infrastructure. Sites include weirs, dams and rivers, many of which are only accessible by 4WD. Thus, it is essential that you are physically fit, enjoy working outside and are a capable swimmer.
Key accountabilities include
- Hydrometric and water quality monitoring of surface and ground water at assigned sites including rating, gauging, groundwater monitoring, collection of water quality samples, surveys and instrument management and calibration
- Data collection and verification including data processing and analysis to edit, quality code and archive data
- Management of field equipment used at various sites by installing, monitoring and maintaining mobile and fixed equipment at sites.
- Report on performance of monitoring sites with respect to access, water availability and safety
- Liaison with landholders and internal stakeholders as required
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree or Diploma level qualifications relevant to the water industry OR equivalent experience in an appropriate field
- Experience working in the field in natural resource management, preferably water
- Current NSW Driver’s licence
- An awareness of or interest in natural resource management
- Computer literacy and the ability to interpret and work with data and monitor network performance
- Whilst not essential, a boat licence or the ability to row a boat would be highly regarded
This position represents a great opportunity to contribute to the management and operation of NSW water resources. For more information, call Melinda on 0409 669 855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9 March 2020