CLOSING DATE: 30 January 2023
Experienced / Senior Hydrographer
Salary: 80,000 – 95,000 (including super)
Location: Tatura, Vic
Application link: https://jobs.ventia.com/job-invite/148820/
About the role
Ventia are seeking an experienced hydrographer / Senior Hydrographer to join our environmental team based in Tatura, Victoria.
We are on the lookout for applicants at a senior level, to manage hydrographic monitoring & site maintenance, as well as providing leadership to field staff.
We are willing to provide relocation packages to those moving from outside the local area.
- Observe ongoing site requirements through visitation to locations across Northern VIC and Southern NSW
- Undertake water quality sample collection and analysis, and ensure gathered data meets standards
- Actively manage new monitoring installations as well as ongoing maintenance needs at respective sites
- Monitor performance and provide mentoring for field staff
- Process, register and QA surface & groundwater information, discharge measurements and water quality results
- Reporting scheduled works and working under direction of the Area Hydrographer
- Qualification in water operations course or similar, additional science or environmental studies desirable
- Approximately 4+ years of experience in a similar position
- Well-developed planning and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with Hydstra, Microsoft Windows and the Office suite
- The ability to work unsupervised, and ability to travel/work away from home ad hoc
- Experience with the following instrumentation highly desirable:
- Telemetry units (Cell, Satellite, Radio and landline Modems) and
- Environmental monitoring sensors (Water level, EC/DO/TURB/pH, Ultrasonics)
- Experience in the installation of monitoring sites and the tools used
- Electronics and instrumentation aptitude and fault-finding ability
- Physically fit, can swim, with a desire for working outdoors
- A current Australian Drivers Licence – an additional boat licence is also desirable
What We Offer You
- Ventia offers you a flexible, supportive and inclusive work environment where you matter
- We take our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people’s wellbeing
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.