AHA Training framework
The AHA training strategy includes a range of Industry Subjects comprising:
- Fundamental Principles — things you need to know and understand rather than do.
- Competencies — things you need to be able to do.
AHA is developing a suite of hydrometric subjects deemed essential by industry.
Industry Subjects are delivered by experienced trainers nationally. Training can involve written material, assignments, assessment and tutorials.
Industry Subjects available
The following Industry Subjects are currently available. Click on course name for subject outline
- CC1 Hydrometric data
- CC2 Gaugings
- CC3 Ratings
- CC4 Hydrometric site operations
- CC6 Water quality monitoring
- CC8 Surveying of monitoring sites
- CC9 Principles of hydraulics
- SC3 Meter Validation (click on link to see prerequisites and pricing)
Each Industry Subject (except SC3) meets or exceeds the requirements of a Unit of Competency in nationally recognised qualifications [more information about the Hydrometric Monitoring Skill Set and Diploma].
You can choose to study Industry Subjects by themselves without completing the Skill Set or Diploma:
Cost per subject
- Tuition fees for all subjects other than SC3 (do not include credits towards the Skill Set or Diploma):
- Full price: AU$1000 plus GST per subject
- AHA Member discounted price: AU$700 plus GST per subject
- Tuition fees for SC3 Meter Validation
Register for AHA training
- To register for Industry Subject training (does not include credits towards the Skill Set or Diploma)… use this application form
- To register for a Nationally recognised qualification … register for Hydrometric Monitoring Skill Set and Diploma training