AHA Training framework
The AHA training strategy includes a range of Industry Subjects comprising:
- Fundamental Principles — things you need to know and understand rather than do.
- Competencies — things you need to be able to do.
AHA is developing a suite of hydrometric subjects deemed essential by industry.
Industry Subjects are delivered by experienced trainers nationally. Training can involve written material, assignments, assessment and tutorials.
Industry Subjects available
Currently 7 Industry Subjects are available. Click on course name for subject outline
- Principles of hydraulics [Subject outline]
- Hydrometric data [Subject outline]
- Hydrometric site operations [Subject outline]
- Gaugings [Subject outline]
- Ratings [Subject outline]
- Practical hydrometric monitoring project [Subject outline]
- Water quality monitoring [Subject outline]
Each Industry Subject meets or exceeds the requirements of a unit in nationally recognised qualifications [more information about the Hydrometric Monitoring Skill Set and Diploma].
You can choose to study Industry Subjects by themselves without completing the Skill Set or Diploma:
Cost per subject
- Tuition fees (do not include credits towards the Skill Set or Diploma):
- Full price: AU$750 inc. GST per subject
- AHA Member discounted price: AU$600 inc. GST per subject
Register for AHA training
- To register for Industry Subject training (does not include credits towards the Skill Set or Diploma)… use this application form
- To register for a Nationally recognised qualification … register for Hydrometric Monitoring Skill Set and Diploma training