Basic Facts about AHA
- AHA is a non-profit and vendor neutral organisation
- Launched in the late 1970s, we now have members and a growing list of associates in all Australian states and territories and overseas
- Offers a range of professional development opportunities and qualifications
- Offers a 3 tier system of professional certification
- Strong links with state, territory and Commonwealth government agencies
- Support from leading software and equipment manufacturers in Australia and overseas
- Participates in the Water Monitoring Standardisation Technical Committee and contributes to the development and maintenance of National Industry Guidelines for hydrometric monitoring published by the Bureau of Meteorology
- Runs a biennial conference with strong support from water agencies in all states and the hydrographic industry
- To encourage the development of all aspects of hydrography, particularly data collection, processing, analysis and presentation throughout Australia.
- To contribute to the knowledge of, and encourage interest in Australia’s water resources and their management and utilisation.
- To provide a forum for the interchange of hydrographic knowledge and ideas.
- To represent the interests of all Australian hydrographers and support staff