The NSW Department of Industry published the NSW non-urban water metering framework on 1 December 2018.
The NSW Water Management (General) Regulation 2018 specifies certain people as duly qualified for specific calasses of work, listed in Attachment E of the framework document.
Hydrographers holding AHA’s Certified Practising Hydrographer are recognised as qualified to:
- Install, maintain or repair telemetry
- Validate metering equipment in connection with an open channel (if trained in the use of testing equipment)
- Volumetric testing (in situ accuracy testing) of metering equipment (if they hve experience in using intrusive and non-intrusive flow measurement testing equipment)
- Maintenance activities that are required to be carried
- Repair faulty metering equipment
Read the full details in the NSW Non-Urban Water Metering Policy