In 2017, the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training launched the new Diploma of Water Industry Operations NWP50715. The Diploma has special requirements and subjects for the Hydrography specialisation.
AHA has entered a partnership with TAFE NSW to deliver the Diploma at a discounted price.
Units of competency
The standard Diploma of Water Industry Operations (Hydrography) offered through AHA includes the following units of competency:
|Unit code||Unit name|
|NWPGEN002||Ensure compliance with water industry guidelines, standards and legislation †|
|NWPGEN006||Implement and manage environmental management policies, plans, procedures and programs †|
|BSBWHS502||Manage effective WHS consultation and participation processes †|
|NWPHYD001||Apply principles of open channel hydraulics *|
|NWPHYD011||Measure and process low and medium flows using area velocity methods *|
|NWPHYD015||Undertake Survey of monitoring sites †|
|NWPHYD016||Process and report hydrometric time series data *|
|NWPHYD017||Develop and maintain ratings *|
|LGAWORK503A||Undertake project investigation *|
† indicates that the unit of competency is delivered by TAFE NSW (enrolling through the AHA for these units enables the student to receive a significant discount on normal TAFE fees).
* indicates that the requirements of this competency are part of the syllabus of AHA advanced hydrography subjects. A candidate must enrol for an AHA advanced hydrography subject to complete this unit of competency. Following successful assessment, AHA will forward the candidate’s work and assessment results to NSW TAFE along with an application for RPL against the equivalent Diploma subject.
Candidates who have previously completed unit of competency AHCLPW306A Undertake sampling and testing of water may claim credit in lieu of completing one AHA advanced hydrography subject.
†Price per unit of competency delivered by TAFE NSW:
- Full price: AU$1200 inc. GST
- AHA Member discounted price: AU$1000 inc. GST
*Price per unit of competency where a student completes an AHA advanced hydrography subject and is granted RPL:
- No cost
Step 1. If you do not already have a USI (Unique Student Identifier), create your USI now.
Step 2. Complete the AHA application for Diploma… see below.
Step 3. AHA will review your application. Following the review, AHA will advise you the details on how to enrol for the Diploma with TAFE NSW.
Step 4. Enrol for units of competency:
- Units delivered by TAFE NSW: AHA will provide information to help you enrol. After enrolling, AHA will invoice you for these units of competency.
- AHA advanced hydrography subjects: enrol at the AHA Training webpage. AHA will invoice you for these subjects.
Note: Your enrolment with TAFE NSW lasts for two years. If you do not complete the Diploma om that that timeframe you will need to reapply.