On this page…
- AHA training: Introduction to hydrography
- AHA training: Intermediate hydrography subjects
- Enrol for training
Introduction to Hydrography
Introduction to Hydrography is a course which covers topics deemed essential by industry for new hydrographers.
Cost of course:
- Full price AU$3100 inc. GST (includes offer of complimentary membership)
- AHA Member discounted price AU$2650 inc. GST
Students who successfully complete the Introduction course and who enrol in Intermediate Hydrography subjects within 24 months of completing the Introduction course, will receive a credit up to the amount paid for the Introduction course.
This course is delivered online, by experienced hydrography trainers.
Subject areas covered include
- Site Selection
- Site Installation
- Water Level Measurement
- Introduction to Discharge Rating Curves
- Stream Gauging — including current meter and acoustic Doppler techniques
- Hydrographic Instrumentation
- Current Meter Calibration
- Intro to basic site and stream gauging surveying
- Introduction to Water Quality Sampling and monitoring
- Stream sediment Sampling
Intermediate Hydrography is a suite of subjects deemed essential by industry.
Cost per subject:
- Full price: AU$1200 inc GST
- AHA Member discounted price: AU$1000 inc GST
These subjects are delivered by experienced hydrography trainers nationally. Training can involve written material, assignments, assessment and tutorials.
Semester 1 — February to June
- Applied principles of hydraulics * (NWPHYD001) [Course outline]
- Processing and reporting hydrometric time series data * (NWPHYD016) [Course outline]
- Ratings * (NWPHYD017) [Course outline]
Semester 2 — July to December
- Measurement and processing of low and medium flows using area velocity methods * (NWPHYD011)
- Practical hydrography project * (LGAWORK503A)
* The syllabus of this subject meets or exceeds the requirements of the TAFE unit of competency indicated by the code shown in parenthesis. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) towards the Diploma of Water Industry Operations (Hydrography) is available through our NSW TAFE partner on satisfactory completion of this subject.