On this page…
- AHA training: Introduction to hydrography
- AHA training: Intermediate hydrography subjects
- Register for training
Introduction to Hydrography
Introduction to Hydrography is a course which covers topics deemed essential by industry for new hydrographers.
Cost of course:
- Full price AU$3100 inc. GST (includes offer of complimentary membership)
- AHA Member discounted price AU$2650 inc. GST
Students who successfully complete the Introduction course and who enrol in Diploma of Water Industry Operations within 24 months of completing the Introduction course, will receive a 50% discount on the five subjects taught by AHA.
This course is delivered online, by experienced hydrography trainers.
Subject areas covered include
- Site Selection
- Site Installation
- Water Level Measurement
- Introduction to Discharge Rating Curves
- Stream Gauging — including current meter and acoustic Doppler techniques
- Hydrographic Instrumentation
- Current Meter Calibration
- Intro to basic site and stream gauging surveying
- Introduction to Water Quality Sampling and monitoring
- Stream sediment Sampling
Intermediate Hydrography Subjects
AHA is developing a suite of hydrography subjects deemed essential by industry. Currently five subjects are available.
AHA subjects are delivered by experienced hydrography trainers nationally. Training can involve written material, assignments, assessment and tutorials.
Click on course name for subject outline
- Principles of hydraulics [Subject outline]
- Hydrometric data [Subject outline]
- Ratings [Subject outline]
- Gaugings [Subject outline]
- Practical hydrography project [Subject outline]
Each subject meets or exceeds the requirements of a unit in the Diploma of Water Industry Operations (hydrography). See the AHA Diploma page to request Diploma enrolment.
You can also choose to study these subjects by themselves without completing the Diploma.
Cost per subject:
- Tuition fees (does not include RPL towards the Diploma):
- Full price: AU$800 inc. GST per subject
- AHA Member discounted price: AU$650 inc. GST per subject
If you wish to study these subjects as part of the Diploma, see the AHA Diploma page.
Register for AHA Training
Use this form (below) to register for training where AHA subjects will not count to the Diploma. To register for a subject and also receive credit for the Diploma of Water Industry Operations (Hydrography), follow the Diploma application procedure.